Russian firm finds large gold deposits in Sudan, to build plant - PRIME Business News Agency - All News Politics Economy Business Wire Financial Wire Oil Gas Chemical Industry Power Industry Metals Mining Pulp Paper Agro Commodities Transport Automobile Construction Real Estate Telecommunications Engineering Hi-Tech Consumer Goods Retail Calendar Our Features Interviews Opinions Press Releases

Russian firm finds large gold deposits in Sudan, to build plant

«олото12KHARTOUM, Jul 29 (PRIME) -- Russian company Siberian for Mining has found large gold deposits in Sudan with only explored reserves standing at 46,000 tonnes and has already signed the biggest investment deal in the countryТs history, Minerals Minister Ahmed Mohammed Sadiq Al-Karuri told PRIME Wednesday.

УThe Russian company has discovered large gold deposits in two provinces Ц the Red Sea and the River Nile,Ф Al-Karuri said, adding that the market value of the gold amounts to U.S. $298 billion.

Under the investment deal, Siberian for Mining will produce about 33 tonnes of gold in the first year of production, and in two and a half years annual output will increase to 53 tonnes. The Russian company will have a 25% stake in the project for the development of the deposits, while SudanТs government will have the remaining 75%.

УThe company will invest in construction of a large gold refining plant in the north of Sudan. This plant is the first of its kind in the whole African continent,Ф Siberian for MiningТs CEO Vladimir Zhukov told PRIME.

He added that the plantТs cost is estimated at 240 million euros and its production capacity will stand at about 50 tonnes of gold per year.

End

29.07.2015 19:08
 
 
Share |
To report an error select text and press Ctrl+Enter
 
 
Central Bank Official Rate
1W 1M 1Y
USD
EUR 79.2207 -0.2974 04 jul
USD 70.4999 -0.0199 04 jul
Stock Market Indices
1D 1W 1M 1Y
MICEX
rtsi 1235.18 -1.05 18:50 03 jul
micex 2801.66 +0.46 18:50 03 jul
Stock Quotes in RUR
1D 1W 1M 1Y
GAZP
gazp 195.28 +0.50 23:49 03 jul
lkoh 5416.00 +1.94 23:49 03 jul
rosn 366.05 +1.17 23:49 03 jul
sber 209.60 +3.14 23:49 03 jul
MICEX Ruble Trading
1D 1W 1M 1Y
USDTD
EURTD 80.0825 +0.7275 14:59 03 jul
USDTD 71.4450 +1.1075 17:44 03 jul