KAZ Minerals to buy Baimskoye field in Chukotka for $900 mln - PRIME Business News Agency - All News Politics Economy Business Wire Financial Wire Oil Gas Chemical Industry Power Industry Metals Mining Pulp Paper Agro Commodities Transport Automobile Construction Real Estate Telecommunications Engineering Hi-Tech Consumer Goods Retail Calendar Our Features Interviews Opinions Press Releases

KAZ Minerals to buy Baimskoye field in Chukotka for $900 mln

Gok01MOSCOW, Aug 2 (PRIME) -- Kazakh copper producer KAZ Minerals has signed an agreement to buy the Baimskaya copper project of Roman Abramovich in Russia’s Chukotka Autonomous District for U.S. $900 million in cash and shares, the company said on Thursday.

The sum includes an initial payment of $675 million and a deferred payment of $225 million.

The initial payment consisting of $436 million and 22.3 million of KAZ Minerals’ newly-issued shares is earmarked for a 75% stake in the project, while the remaining 25% will be purchased either with shares or cash depending on the project’s implementation.

The Baimskoye deposit’s JORC resources are estimated at 9.5 million tonnes of copper with an average content of 0.43% and 16.5 million ounces of gold with an average content of 0.23 grams per tonne.

An average annual output at the field over the first 10 years of operations is projected at 250,000 tonnes of copper and 400,000 ounces of gold.

Capital expenditures on the mine development are estimated at U.S. $5.5 billion and could be revised during a feasibility study.

End

02.08.2018 14:23
 
 
Share |
To report an error select text and press Ctrl+Enter
 
 
Central Bank Official Rate
1W 1M 1Y
USD
EUR 76.3004 +0.5205 01 feb
USD 70.5174 +0.9247 01 feb
Stock Market Indices
1D 1W 1M 1Y
MICEX
micex 2242.59 +0.76 14:29 01 feb
Stock Quotes in RUR
1D 1W 1M 1Y
GAZP
gazp 158.15 +0.03 14:14 01 feb
lkoh 3963.50 +0.21 14:14 01 feb
rosn 341.90 +0.34 14:14 01 feb
sber 158.57 +0.32 14:14 01 feb
MICEX Ruble Trading
1D 1W 1M 1Y
USDTD
EURTD 76.1600 -0.3300 14:14 01 feb
USDTD 70.0025 -0.0575 14:14 01 feb