PRESS: Ananyev brothers lose control over Vozrozhdenie Bank - News Archive - PRIME Business News Agency - All News Politics Economy Business Wire Financial Wire Oil Gas Chemical Industry Power Industry Metals Mining Pulp Paper Agro Commodities Transport Automobile Construction Real Estate Telecommunications Engineering Hi-Tech Consumer Goods Retail Calendar Our Features Interviews Opinions Press Releases

PRESS: Ananyev brothers lose control over Vozrozhdenie Bank

MOSCOW, Jan 22 (PRIME) -- Brothers Alexei and Dmitry Ananyev, who owned 52.7% in Vozrozhdenie Bank through Promsvyaz Capital B.V., have voting rights to only 10% in the bank since December 18, 2017, Vedomosti business daily reported on Monday citing a ruling of the central bank.

Vozrozhdenie disclosed six other minority owners, but no one of them has a stake of more than 10%. The bank also has a group of undisclosed minority holders who own 6.48%. As of the end of September 2017, Bank Rossiya had a 9.68% stake in Vozrozhdenie, but it was not listed as a shareholder of the bank as of October 5. Vedomosti reported that Vozrozhdenie disclosed owners of only 90.26% shares in the bank, and owners of the remaining 9.74% are unknown.

A representative of Vozrozhdenie told Vedomosti that Bank Rossiya did not notify the bank about the buyer of the stake. A representative of Bank Rossiya said that it received the stake in Vozrozhdenie under a repo deal with Promsvyazbank and returned the stake as the deal had been closed.

Calculations of Vedomosti showed that the stake of Promsvyaz Capital in Vozrozhdenie is at 17.5%, while Bank Saint Petersburg has 16.5%, four offshore companies with unknown owners have 33.4%, and minorities undisclosed by the central bank have 11.3%.

The largest voting stake of 21.3% in Vozrozhdenie is now owned by Promsvyazbank, which the regulatorТs fund for consolidation of the banking sector took from the Ananyev brothers after the central bank had launched a bailout of Promsvyazbank.

This was the reason for restriction of Promsvyaz CapitalТs ownership in Vozrozhdenie, as the central bank was dissatisfied with the reputation of Dmitry Ananyev who had been the top manager of Promsvyazbank for one year before introduction of a temporary administration.

Alexei Ananyev redirected all questions of Vedomosti to his brother Dmitry, but the daily was unable to contact him. A representative of the central bank refused to comment.

End

22.01.2018 11:17
 
 
Share |
To report an error select text and press Ctrl+Enter
 
 
Central Bank Official Rate
1W 1M 1Y
USD
EUR 77.7529 -0.6084 21 sep
USD 66.4725 -0.5373 21 sep
Stock Market Indices
1D 1W 1M 1Y
MICEX
rtsi 1149.50 +1.36 13:32 20 sep
micex 2419.95 +0.65 13:32 20 sep
Stock Quotes in RUR
1D 1W 1M 1Y
GAZP
gazp 157.21 -0.11 13:16 20 sep
lkoh 4715.00 -0.08 13:16 20 sep
rosn 441.40 +0.81 13:16 20 sep
sber 196.22 +1.20 13:16 20 sep
MICEX Ruble Trading
1D 1W 1M 1Y
USDTD
EURTD 78.1300 -1.0600 14:59 20 sep
USDTD 66.7525 -0.6175 17:44 20 sep