UPDATE: Natalie Tours CEO denies suspension of operations
(Provides new headline, lede, adds paragraphs 3Ц4)
MOSCOW, Aug 14 (PRIME) -- Russian tour operator Natalie ToursТ CEO Vladimir Vorobyov on Tuesday denied the companyТs report about suspension of operations.
The company announced suspension of operations on its website earlier on Tuesday.
УThe information on the website will be adjusted soon. We are talking only about information that has already been on the market from July 4. We continue operations of the company, (continue) to work with the register of clients, and we plan to resume operations from October 1. As it was said before,Ф Vorobyov told PRIME.
The company is not making payments to clients yet, but expects that it will be able to offer them a replacement of tours in the future.
Panorama Tour, the firm that operates Natalie Tours, earlier annulled all tours from July 4 through September 30. Before that, the company faced a lack of funds to make timely payments to suppliers, which its management attributed to incorrect evaluation of cash flows and lower demand for tours to Europe.
On July 20, MoscowТs prosecutorТs office announced a probe into the operator and demanded to open a criminal case upon results of the examination.