Experts: RussiaТs Internet piracy market falls 7% to $59 mln in 2020 - Consumer Goods & Retail - PRIME Business News Agency - All News Politics Economy Business Wire Financial Wire Oil Gas Chemical Industry Power Industry Metals Mining Pulp Paper Agro Commodities Transport Automobile Construction Real Estate Telecommunications Engineering Hi-Tech Consumer Goods Retail Calendar Our Features Interviews Opinions Press Releases

Experts: RussiaТs Internet piracy market falls 7% to $59 mln in 2020

MOSCOW, Mar 31 (PRIME) -- RussiaТs Internet piracy market shrank by 7% in 2020 to U.S. $59 million, Group-IB, which focuses on prevention of cyberattacks, said on Wednesday in a research.

The Yandex search engine remained the main source of illegal online cinemas, accounting for up to 90% of the volume. The remaining 10% were covered by the other browsers, including Google with 2%, and social networks, and messengers.

The number of requests in the popular search engines for watching free films and series increased by 12% to 11.8 billion. УApril 2020 set a historic high by the number of intentions to watch pirated films for free with 1.4 billion. The pirate servers couldn't even handle the load,Ф Group-IB said.

End %%ee/jst%%

31.03.2021 08:53
 
 
Share |
To report an error select text and press Ctrl+Enter
 
 
Central Bank Official Rate
1W 1M 1Y
USD
EUR 90.4602 -1.7705 17 apr
USD 75.5535 -1.4273 17 apr
Stock Market Indices
1D 1W 1M 1Y
MICEX
micex 3579.68 +0.31 17:04 16 apr
Stock Quotes in RUR
1D 1W 1M 1Y
GAZP
gazp 234.63 -0.29 23:49 16 apr
lkoh 6054.50 -1.30 23:49 16 apr
rosn 556.50 +0.80 23:49 16 apr
sber 283.72 -1.20 23:49 16 apr
MICEX Ruble Trading
1D 1W 1M 1Y
USDTD
EURTD 90.9300 -1.3125 14:59 16 apr
USDTD 76.2475 +0.6525 17:44 16 apr