CEO: Rostelecom to close deal on Tele2 consolidation by Mar - Telecommunications - PRIME Business News Agency - All News Politics Economy Business Wire Financial Wire Oil Gas Chemical Industry Power Industry Metals Mining Pulp Paper Agro Commodities Transport Automobile Construction Real Estate Telecommunications Engineering Hi-Tech Consumer Goods Retail Calendar Our Features Interviews Opinions Press Releases

CEO: Rostelecom to close deal on Tele2 consolidation by Mar

MOSCOW, Feb 5 (PRIME) -- Russian state-controlled telecom operator Rostelecom will close a deal to consolidate 100% in mobile operator T2 RTK Holding, working as Tele2, by the end of February, Rostelecom President Mikhail Oseyevsky told reporters on Wednesday.

I think next week, (the February) 10 is the last day to exercise the preemptive right and then well immediatelyI think during a month, Oseyevsky said.

Plans on implementation of the companys strategy will be fulfilled by July, he said.

At present, Rostelecom holds 45% in Tele2 and the remaining 55% of the asset belong to Tele2 Russia Holding AB, a consortium in which VTB Bank has 50%, Alexei Mordashovs Invintel B.V. has 40%, and Yury Kovalchuks Bank Rossiya has 10%.

The Tele2 deal comprises three stages and values 132 billion rubles. The first stage is acquisition of 10% in Tele2 by exchange of 10% of ordinary shares of Rostelecom, which are on the books of its unit Mobitel. The deal is cashless and values 24 billion rubles.

The second stage is acquisition of 27.5% in the mobile operator for cash received from sale of Rostelecoms extra shares in favor of VTB Bank for 93.21 rubles per share. The amount of the deal is at 66 billion rubles.

The third part is acquisition of 17.5% for borrowed money. The amount of the deal stands at 42 billion rubles.

(63.4342 rubles U.S. $1)

End

05.02.2020 10:57
 
 
Share |
To report an error select text and press Ctrl+Enter
 
 
Central Bank Official Rate
1W 1M 1Y
USD
EUR 69.0882 +0.4681 19 feb
USD 63.7698 +0.4613 19 feb
Stock Market Indices
1D 1W 1M 1Y
MICEX
rtsi 1515.54 -1.80 18:50 18 feb
micex 3074.05 -1.16 18:50 18 feb
Stock Quotes in RUR
1D 1W 1M 1Y
GAZP
gazp 230.50 -1.39 18:49 18 feb
lkoh 6378.50 -1.31 18:48 18 feb
rosn 452.20 -2.69 18:49 18 feb
sber 249.20 -0.86 18:49 18 feb
MICEX Ruble Trading
1D 1W 1M 1Y
USDTD
EURTD 69.0325 +0.3675 14:59 18 feb
USDTD 63.6900 +0.2475 17:43 18 feb